• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin filters

KamilR

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
Is there a way to enable global spamassassin filters for every mail account? I used sa-update utility and I have a large number of filters in /var/lib/spamassassin/ but sa seems to ignore them.

I realized that manually by inserting a script into the qmail handling (requires some work on the console like linking of files, ...)

Hello,

It looks like the spamassasin is ignoring the filters because the Bayes system is not activated until a certain number of ham (non-spam) and spam has been learned. The default is 200 of each ham and spam messages. It means that Spamassassin begins to filter mails (according to your trainings) after 200 spam mails and 200 none spam mails were learned. This statistics is needed to distinguish spam mails.

This default value could be changed in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf by using the following spamassassin options:

bayes_min_ham_num 100
bayes_min_spam_num 100

Spamassassin can be trained per mailbox basis on Mailname->Spam Filter->Training page in Plesk CP.

Please, check the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/914

Thank you

Back