1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Spamassassin : Hoe to make it work

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by sgandotra, Dec 18, 2006.

1. sgandotra

sgandotra Guest

IN my Plesk 7.5.4, I find spam assassin not working. The buttons are all there and showing things, but I keep getting tons of spams.
    How do I enable the rules and how do I update the rules ?
    Do I have to add each spamming email id to the list or, is there an automatic way to enable it ?
    Thanks.

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hi

You need to train spam assassin from Plesk.
    Choose the domain > mailname > Spam Filter > Training .
    (you can give plesk access to the mail user so everyone can train his own filter)

You can enable spam assassin with group operation from the mail section or individualy from the mailnames Mail section.

The spam assassin needs to be trained --I believe that it has have 200 spam and non-spma marked to have efect.

If there is a problem with spam assasin of course you have to check the logs for troubleshooting