1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

spamassassin ignores required hits, is scoring spam to low, MAPS not working

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by perler, Oct 4, 2005.

1. perler

perler Guest

hi,

system: debian 3.1, spamassassin 3.03

my whole spamassassin/MAPS config looks broken somehow:

1) although i changed alle hits_required entries in the psa db, table sa_conf to 5 the hits_required entry in mail headers stays at 7

2) definite spam mails are scored at around 2-3 - on my old server with a by hand spamassassin installation they've been well above 5. i had the rules_du_jour package installed - is this advisable/neccessary and how to do this best on a plesk server?

3) i entred sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org into the maps config but the testmails from spamhaus are getting thru.

as i see it, debian handles all these things a bit different then the stock RH? installs - so i'm interrested in reports from debian users especially if they have all these things working before i contact the plesk support,

PAT

2. Whistler

Whistler Guest

Have you checked your logfiles? Does your maillog seem to be correct? No errors or suspect entries about SpamAssassin?

Is your inetd/xinetd configuration updated correct with the MAPS settings?

3. perler

perler Guest

nothing unusual, spamassassin kicks in and scans the messages - but the score is to low for effective spamfiltering
    this is hard to answer for me because i can't really see where MAPS filtering should be in the chain (remeber it's a debian system, not RH). i have in /etc/inetd.conf:

problem is, my old qmail installation (self made follwoing life with qmail) used tcpserver so i'm a bit lost how plesk is chaining the mail transfer process. any insights?

PAT