• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin Issues after upgrade to 9.5.1

J

Jnasc

Upgraded to 9.5.1 from 9.3 and all of a sudden getting the following errors coming in every other second. Looked every where for a cure but could'nt find anything. Anyone seen this before after a upgrade and how to fix it?

Apr 28 07:33:26 inet3170 spamd[957]: auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /var/qmail/mailnames///.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.inet3170.xxxxxxx.com.957 for /var/qmail/mailnames///.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: No such file or directory

I did check the permissions on spamassassin and this is what i got. **edited for security**

[xxxx@xxxxx ~]# ls -la /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/username/.spamassassin/
total 248
drwx------ 2 popuser popuser 4096 Apr 27 06:33 .
drwx------ 5 popuser popuser 4096 Apr 27 06:28 ..
-rw-r----- 1 popuser popuser 90112 Apr 27 06:33 auto-whitelist
-rw------- 1 popuser popuser 12288 Apr 27 06:33 bayes_seen
-rw------- 1 popuser popuser 172032 Apr 27 06:33 bayes_toks
-rw-r----- 1 popuser popuser 144 Apr 27 06:28 user_prefs
[xxx@xxxx ~]#

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems you have upper-case letters in mail name or domain name and it is a reason of this problem. We have already submitted request to developers regarding this problem. I hope it will be fixed soon. As possible workaround try to change upper case letters to lower case.

Igor,
I don't think it's a upper and lower case issue, I just spent the last 4 hours going thru every domain and email address in the PSA DB and also the in the /var/qmail/mailnames folder along with all the users under each domain and not one had a upper case in it's name.

Not sure what could be the problem at this point, i even uninstalled/reinstalled psa-spamassassin and the issue continues. i did run the mcchk utility and also followed the steps to rebuild the mail handlers from the KB but there was no change.

Any ideas would be great these messages are killing my log file and mail box because i have ASL and the notifications are coming thru on every trigger.

Igor,
Did you notify developers that it's not a upper-case/lower case issue? After i verified all of the domains and mail accounts from my post above.

Here is workaround from developers:

1. rename mixed case mailbox to lowercase: /var/qmail/mailnames/<DomainName>/<MailName> -> /var/qmail/mailnames/<domainname>/<mailname>.

2. Please check attached utility and mail on test server.

3. Put attached fixed utility to customer's server.

Please update thread with results.

Attach for cos5x32.

Attachments

• mailmng.zip
    565.2 KB · Views: 20
So i assume that the cryptic quote for the fix is to do the following below correct?

1. stop mailmng with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --stop-service
2. overwrite /user/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng with the attached file
2. restart mailmng with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --start-service

And that's it? My biggest concern is that like my response above None of the domainnames or mailnames are upper case. And this fix might just hose our mail services for all our clients.

Igor,
Can you confirm my prevoiuse post? After upgrading to 9.5.2 the error's are still coming and i'm not really understanding the fix you posted since it does'nt make since. Nor does it provide a recommended sequence to follow.

If it is not upper/lowercase related problem - it should be investigated directly on your server, because we know this issue only related to upper/lowercase names. Therefore I suggest you contact support team. They will investigate it and you will be refunded for ticket if it is really new unknown bug.

Try to replace original /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.MailManager.php file with attached. Do not forget backup original file first.
Inform me with results, please.

Attachments

• class.MailManager.php.zip
    31 KB · Views: 28
Try to replace original /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.MailManager.php file with attached. Do not forget backup original file first.
Inform me with results, please.

I had the same problem, Plesk 9.5.2 on CentOS 5.5

1. Backed up class.MailManager.php
2. Stopped mailmanager: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --stop-service
3. Replaced class.MailManager.php with one attached.
4. Started mailmanager: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --start-service

Problem seems to have gone away!

After replacing the class.mailmanager.php the errors went away but now inside plesk if you click on Domains i get a blank white page this also happens if you go to clients and click on a client to see the domains under the account it also comes up with a blank white page. If i revert to the backup of class.mailmanager.php the domains show up again.

Not sure why that's happening but it's a issue because with the updated file there's no way to manage the domains because you can't get to them.

... if you click on Domains i get a blank white page this also happens if you go to clients and click on a client to see the domains under the account it also comes up with a blank white page...

With CentOS 5.5 and Plesk 9.5.2 I am not having this issue after replacing the class.MailManager.php file with the updated one.

Perhaps this is OS specific or a bug in 9.5.1 that isn't in 9.5.2? Just a thought...

With CentOS 5.5 and Plesk 9.5.2 I am not having this issue after replacing the class.MailManager.php file with the updated one.

Perhaps this is OS specific or a bug in 9.5.1 that isn't in 9.5.2? Just a thought...

Nope, running the same thing as you Centos 5.5, plesk 9.5.2 and ASL also just like you are.

Actually, I'm not running ASL, I just use atomic repos for updates...

Apparently, this didn't resolve this issue after all... I just ran through my mail logs again and realized I am receiving this error again... Not sure why it wasn't showing up immediately after I applied the mentioned fix...
Jul 2 23:52:25 plesk spamd[3161]: auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /var/qmail/mailnames/mydomain.com/mail/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.plesk.mydomain.com.3161 for /var/qmail/mailnames/mydomain.com/mail/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: Permission denied

Back