• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassassin missing after upgrade from 7.5.6

C

carmx

After upgrading our server from 7.5.6 to 8.2 Spamassassin is no longer listed in the Spam Filter section of Server> Plesk Components Management page.

Also when I try to configure Spam Filtering in Server > Mail > Spam Filtering the tab does not respond to clicking on it. On rollover a message appears in the Help & Support box (left pane) that Spam Filter is not installed.

I tried to remove and reinstall Spamassassin through add/remove programs > Plesk 8.2 for windows > change. The uninstall fails and hangs the Plesk Control Panel. It does indicate that the program is installed on the hard drive.

Thanks for your anticipted help.

Still not there.

I was able to fix it by installing spmassassin using the SpamAssassin.msi (MSI located here: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\070705.17) packaged with Plesk. I then used the Plesk installer from Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Plesk 8.2 > Change to uninstall Spamassassin. I rebooted the server and used Plesk installer from Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Plesk 8.2 > Change to install Spamassassin. I did have some problems on the reinstall one of the msiexec.exe processes hung during the reinstall, I killed the process in task manager and the installtion completed without error.

Hope the info helps anyone else having difficulties.

Back