• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssassin with Postfix

J

JimmyJ

Hello All,

I have Plesk 9.0.1 on CentOS 5 as a Virtuozzo VPS. This plesk does not come with psa-spamassassin so I wanted to install spamassassin myself. I followed the instructions on http://netweblogic.com/linux/mail/qmail-scanner-linux-plesk/ and everything went successfully. But I am still getting tons of spam. Checking the logs I don't see where spamd is being called at all. What I want is to rewrite the Subject of every incoming email with ****SPAM**** if spamassassin gets 5.0 hits on it. I guess the problem is that postfix is the actual mail agent that is getting the email so how do I get postfix integrated with SA on this VPS? I played around with /etc/postfix/master.cf to call "spamc -e" as per http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedSpamdInPostfix. I could see that SA was evaluating emails but no emails were getting delivered at all. My master.cf has this in it:

spamassassin unix - n n - - pipe
user=qscand argv=/usr/bin/spamc -e /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -oi -f ${sender}
${recipient}
plesk_virtual unix - n n - - pipe flags=DFORhu user=popuser:popuser argv=/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-local -f
${sender} -d ${recipient} -p /var/qmail/mailnames
mailman unix - n n - - pipe flags=FR user=mailman:mailman argv=/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-mailman ${nexthop}
${user} ${recipient}
127.0.0.1:10025 inet n n n - - spawn user=mhandlers-user argv=/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-queue 127.0.0.1 10027
before-queue
127.0.0.1:10026 inet n - - - - smtpd
127.0.0.1:10027 inet n n n - - spawn user=mhandlers-user argv=/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-queue 127.0.0.1 10026
before-remote
plesk_saslauthd unix y y y - 1 plesk_saslauthd status=5 listen=6 dbpath=/plesk/passwd.db
smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10025
smtps inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10025 -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes

Can anyone help me get this working?? Thank you.

Back