• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SPF, DKIM, DMARC, DomainKeys OK, emails flagged as SPAM

Ehm, OVH is not a good alternative. Many issues, even issues that are purely network related (internal network down, for example).

I will mail you......seems to be the appropriate thing to do. Have a glance at your inbox (on this forum).

Regards...

I can only agree with trialotto. We had 3 OVH VPSes and all of them had issues, well below average performance, tickets that took long just to be replied and the OVH network is flagged as email spam source by some blacklist services. Result: you are probably going to get your spam problem worse, not better.

I had the same problem with a domain hosted at 1and1 ... the problem lies in the reverse DNS setting. The onlinehome-server.info is blacklisted by almost everybody, so you need to make sure the reverse DNS points to your domain. Here is the link for 1and1 how to set things right:
https://help.1and1.com/servers-c376...l-c37695/configure-a-reverse-map-a606240.html

The original post that helped me solve the issue is here, for the credits to go to the right person :)

http://serverfault.com/questions/450072/how-do-i-change-the-received-url-in-outgoing-emails

@haceru,

The solution by changing or setting the reverse DNS record, i.e. a PTR record, will not automatically solve the issue.

As I said before, this "network design failure" at your hoster is not the only problem: the reverse DNS record will solve issues related to the "network design failure", but not all issues.

It is required that a proper A record for the domain exists, as has also been pointed out by the correct response on serverfault.com.

In short, nothing new here.

Regards....

@hardbrasil,

OVH has more or less a similar problem, that can cause issues similar to that of 1and1.

With the above I mean that it can occur that the backbone of OVH is not working properly and/or is not safe, with similar results (i.e. blocking of IPs or IP ranges).

Anyway, it is not all about the hosting provider and/or bashing of hosting providers should not be the intention.

Moreover, the best solutions are often to be found in specialized software......for instance, sending mail through SendGrid or a mail cluster based upon SpamExperts.

If anybody is interested in mail clusters based upon SpamExperts, just let me know, so I can get that "extension project SpamExperts" out of the archive and start developing.

Regards.....

i am customer of OVH for 2 years, theyer link was down 1 time for 1h during a sunday morning.
after that i never get a time out, they service are very stable i recommend them.

@trialotto

I have no intention to pretend I brought anything new here, only to tell others how I fixed my issues (since they seem similar to the original question). And to save them a lot of frustration, like the one I experienced until I got everything working OK.

In addition to the above PTR settings, there was another setting that helped with getting out of the Yahoo! Spam folder, namely setting correctly my MX records. By default, 1and1 gives their servers as MX records but apparently Yahoo! doesn`t like it (even though Gmail seems to be OK, as my emails were received in a Gmail Inbox while Yahoo! was marking them as spam). The link on how to set up the MX records on 1and1 is here: (outdated post since the subdomains are assigned automatically the IP of the VPS, but helpful nevertheless).

https://help.1and1.com/domains-c369...ress-for-your-domain-s-mx-record-a595658.html

Hope someone will find it useful :)

Another update on the issue ... one of the differences between DKIM "on" and DKIM "off" is the Message-ID field in the headers; as pointed out before, onlinehome-server.info has a bad reputation and if it appears anywhere in the email headers, spam filters pick it up. I just tested it with Gmail, and it made the difference. In order to solve this issue and to keep DKIM "on", in my case it worked to use Postfix's header_checks to REPLACE the Message-ID generated by the mailer of the site (which was puting the infamous domain).

The instructions I followed are here: http://serverfault.com/a/598693

@haceru,

Good point about the relation between DKIM and the headers, thanks for mentioning that!

By the way, this is one of the reasons why the sendmail script should not be activated and/or why the PHP mail() function (that is active on Plesk, by default) should be disabled, since those "scripts" often use "mal-formed headers" (what is in a word, they often are completely absent).

A good solution is to use a mail library for PHP (such as PHPMailer and/or Swiftmailer), with those mail libraries acting as regular SMTP clients.

Regards.....

Back