• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SPF record munged in update

CruzMark

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.53_build1800230613.09
At some point during a recent update, the spf record template changed on all 6 of my Plesk servers (that host up to 128 individual customers each). The spf template was as follows:

v=spf1 mx ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ~all

and it changed to:

spf1 mx ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ~all

If it had happened on one server, I'd suspect a junior sysadmin, but that it happened on all six makes me 99% certain it was an update.

The record without a v=spf1 is not valid.

As a result, gmail is bouncing mail for some customers. Grrrr.

Just checked some of our Centos 7 boxes running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 Update #2, last updated on June 21, 2023 12:26 AM
SPF records seem correct. Could it be something on your DNS template that changed and was applied?

Just checked some of our Centos 7 boxes running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 Update #2, last updated on June 21, 2023 12:26 AM
SPF records seem correct. Could it be something on your DNS template that changed and was applied?
Thanks. Thankfully it wasn't applied except in cases where customers reset to defaults, but it changed on all of our boxes, and if I didn't do it, I don't know how it happened. If I had to guess, I'd think something that rewrote the templates dropped the "v=" due the the equal sign, but I don't know.

Get on to support, after all thats what the license fee is for, that shouldnt happen.

Back