• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file & lack of permissions to start node

daveclissold

New Pleskian
During an install of a service I ended up changing all the file permissions on my server and have now got them back, Can log into Plesk but I have the following problems

1. When trying to access the docker containers - ' ***:8443/modules/docker/index.php/index/list?context=extNavButton_1 ' I get an internal error

Internal error:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file
Message SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file
File Abstract.php
Line 144
Type Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception

I have tried to run the repair all -y -v and get the following error in the bootstrapper part of the repair. Everything else is a green [OK]

START Bootstrapper 17.5.3 repair AT Wed Apr 18 17:19:47 UTC 2018
Started bootstrapper repair procedure (fast mode). This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

active
Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
Trying to allow INNODB engine... done
Restarting mysql Trying to restart service mariadb... done

**** Turn mysql-innodb VPS optimized aspect off: completed successfully.

===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
Connection to APSC DB is possible
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
failed
failed
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: shutting down
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: stopping command channel on 127.0.0.1#953
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: no longer listening on ::#53
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: no longer listening on 127.0.0.1#53
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: no longer listening on 77.68.8.194#53
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: no longer listening on 172.17.0.1#53
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com named[60616]: exiting
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Berkeley Internet Name Domain (DNS).
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com systemd[1]: Unit named-chroot.service entered failed state.
Apr 18 17:21:26 audiovitamins.com systemd[1]: named-chroot.service failed.
Reconfiguring Apache web server...
Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
Reconfiguring WatchDog...
Restoring SELinux contexts...
Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
Trying to reload service sw-cp-server... done
Trying to reload service nginx... done
Trying to reload service httpd... done
Trying to reload service dovecot... done
Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
Errors occurred while performing the following actions: fix DNS Bind configuration.
Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair_problems.log' for details.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.
STOP Bootstrapper 17.5.3 repair AT Wed Apr 18 17:21:41 UTC 2018

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I think it might be a permissions error somewhere but really do not know where to being looking.

Internal error:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file
Message SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file
File Abstract.php
Line 144
Type Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception
I would suggest you check mysql server log. Check that mysql service can be restarted without any problems and mysql port 3306 is not firewalled.

Back