• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SRS not performed on catch-all forwarder to remote recipient

Oxilion B.V.

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've found that Plesk's SRS functionality works like it should for regular, specifically added email addresses under a domain. However, it does *not* seem to be doing so for emails that are forwarded to an external domain via the catch-all function.

Steps to reproduce:

- Create an email address under a domain, with Forwarding enabled to an external recipient you can check. Send a mail to the Forwarder address and check the headers after receipt in the destination address.
- If all is well, you should find the "envelope-from" has been rewritten to the Forwarding domain via SRS.

- Now set the general mail settings to Forward all mail to unknown addresses to some external email address you can check. This causes all mail to be forwarded if it is sent to a non-existing email address under the domain. Send a mail to an address not listed under email addresses, so that it gets routed via the catch-all Forwarder.
- Now you should either get a bounce (because of failed SPF requirements), or if the mail is actually forwarded successfully, you'll see that the "envelope-from" is *not* rewritten via SRS.

I sincerely doubt that this is working as intended, but I'll gladly receive confirmation on this issue.

If it's not meant to work like this, I'd like to file this as a bug report ;)

With kind regards,

Hindrik Deelstra
Oxilion B.V.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just found the same issue on my server. I forward every email from a specific domain to my gmail address, which bounced a whole lot of emails because of this.

Back