• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question .ssh directory in domain folder?

uniauto

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 #3
Hi.

Yesterday .ssh directory and files id_rsa, id_rsa.pub was created inside all domains folders (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/.ssh)
it is normal?

Yes, that is correct when you allow SSH access for the subscriber.
Hi, thank for answer.
I'm running Plesk Web Admin Edition and didn't change anything about SSH since.... can't remember.
Domain/ftp users have SSH access forbidden since forever.
Maybe .ssh folders and keys was added by any extension? NodeJs, Git, Laravel and Composer was autoinstalled yesterday.

Hi, thank for answer.
I'm running Plesk Web Admin Edition and didn't change anything about SSH since.... can't remember.
Domain/ftp users have SSH access forbidden since forever.
Maybe .ssh folders and keys was added by any extension? NodeJs, Git, Laravel and Composer was autoinstalled yesterday.
The same here. That directory has appeared on my 3 servers. It has also auto self-installed Git, NodeJs, Laravel and Phusion Passenger server. SSH is forbidden since forever on all subscriptions

This is not something new. I've seen these folders inside subscriptions, too. The .ssh folders were created a year ago.
Have you installed the SSH Terminal extension? That's the only extension with a link to those directories that comes to mind. Or maybe the Git extension?

Maybe one of the developers can clarify this?

I found where to uninstall Git, Node and Phusion Passenger server. But I haven't found where to uninstall Laravel Toolkit. All this was installed automatically and I don't need it. This installation coincides with the appearance of .ssh folders in subscriptions

Thanks

You can uninstall the Laravel Toolkit just like any other extension:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 16.52.52.png

To prevent extensions from installing, you can add this in the panel.ini extension:
Code:
[extensions]
blacklist = sectigo,ssh-terminal,git,laravel,nodejs

Add additional extensions that you don't need or want to be installed.
Use this command to find the correct name of the extension:
Code:
# plesk bin extension -l

I have found where to uninstall Laravel Toolkit. I have uninstalled Git, Laravel Toolkit, Node and Phusion Passenger server but the .ssh folders are still there. Can I just delete them?

You can uninstall the Laravel Toolkit just like any other extension:
View attachment 25042

To prevent extensions from installing, you can add this in the panel.ini extension:
Code:
[extensions]
blacklist = sectigo,ssh-terminal,git,laravel,nodejs

Add additional extensions that you don't need or want to be installed.
Use this command to find the correct name of the extension:
Code:
# plesk bin extension -l
Thanks!

I have found where to uninstall Laravel Toolkit. I have uninstalled Git, Laravel Toolkit, Node and Phusion Passenger server but the .ssh folders are still there. Can I just delete them?

I still don't know why those .ssh folders were created, so I'm not sure if something depends on it.

@Peter Debik or @AYamshanov, do you know where these .ssh folders come from?

[...] I have uninstalled Git [...]
@Peter Debik or @AYamshanov, do you know where these .ssh folders come from?

I think it at least could come from the Git extension, here is an quick example (please ignore the fact of the error, it is just to show the process/steps),

When you add a repository for the first time, the extension generates ssh-pair, private and public keys,
1702458196176.png

I have tried to add git-repository through a link to git ([email protected]:plesk/ext-advisor-integration-example) and the first step is adding its public key into the list of known hosts inside the .ssh directory,
1702457427589.png

Finally, in the .ssh directory I can see 3 files,
  1. git_known_hosts, it contains a public key for git repository,
  2. id_rsa, it contains a private key for the Git extension on that domain,
  3. id_rsa.pub, it contains a public key for the Git extension on that domain.
1702458419078.png

Back