• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question SSL Cert

evsextra

New Pleskian
Hello, I wonder can you tell me do I need to purchase an SSL cert or is it somewhere in Plesk that i just cant see. I have searched a lot. Thanks in advance

Hiya thanks. I tried this but when I search for either extension it's showing nothing. I read up and apparently I need to log in as admin but I can't seem to find out that either. Thanks.

Hello, @evsextra. To install extensions you indeed need admin access. If you have a non-admin account and the "SSL/TLS Certificates" section doesn't include a free SSL option it is likely that the same is not enabled on the server. If you could provide more details on what kind of account you have, the steps you are following to install the SSL, and the options you are presented with it would be really helpful.

Hiya. Thanks.
So my domain name is hosted by Blacknight and I subscribe to Plesk through them.
I followed the instructions you provided below on how to install the ssl extensions. Im good with tech so I'm.pretty confident that the extensions simply aren't there as I am an owner rather than admin ?? Thanks

Hello, @evsextra. As far as I can see on Blacknight's hosting plans page Let's Encrypt is not listed as included feature. Given that you do not have admin access to the server itself it might be best to ask them what free SSL options they offer, if any.

Back