• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL Certificates for IP and domain

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
A customer wanted a dedicated IP and an SSL certificate for a domain.
So I purchased an SSL certificate for that domain and defined it BOTH at domain level, and at IP level.
(I created two SSL certificate entries - both identical.. at system interface and at domain interface)
That is, I went to that domains page and entered the SSL certificate.. and also from the systems' Tools and Settings page - via the SSL Certificates and IP Addresses pages.

So, that domain has a dedicated IP, that IP has the SSL certificate defined at system level.
I went into the domain interface and set the Web Hosting settings to the correct IP and to the correct certificate as well.

However the browsers complain that the certificate is for my default domain, kalfaoglu.net and not that domains certificate..

When I switch the site back to my primary Shared IP address, everything works. But when I switch it to that vacant dedicated IP, the browsers complain.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Did you try to setup certificate for IP using Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > IP Address edit page?
Also, you could set mentioned domain as default for that dedicated IP using same edit page.
Please, let know is this helps.

Did you try to setup certificate for IP using Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > IP Address edit page?
Also, you could set mentioned domain as default for that dedicated IP using same edit page.
Please, let know is this helps.

Yes, I did set the certificate for that IP.. The IP was previously marked as shared but unused. I set it to dedicated and defined the certificate for that IP.
I did not set the default domain AFAIK.. Many thanks..

Back