• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL fail to sign e-mail

IulianOlaru

Basic Pleskian
So after I have successfully installed a Comodo SSL on a domain name in Plesk 12 I have discovered that Wordpress stopped sending e-mails and in the logs I have found this error:

Code:
14487#0: *14180 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in /var/www/vhosts/villaorangebali.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/class-smtp.php on line 344" while reading upstream

Now of course that at the same time in /var/log/maillog:

Code:
warning: TLS library problem: 28386:error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca:s3_pkt.c:1259:SSL alert number 48:

As I understand there is an issue with the SSL certificate but I don't know exactly what. Do I need another SSL certificate for the mail service?

I have installed the SSL through Plesk and I am using nginx.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

With respect and appreciation,
Jules

What is output of command

# rpm -Va ca-certificates

?

Dear Igor,
Thank you for your reply and willingness to assist on this matter.

There is no output after issuing the rpm command.
Code:
[root@h2376451 ~]# rpm -Va ca-certificates
[root@h2376451 ~]#

What is there to do ?

It seems to be an issue with php-fpm .. I have used a later version and the e-mail service started working again.

Back