• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ssl_ciphers" directive is duplicate, web server reconfiguration failed

data303

New Pleskian
Dear all

I am using Plesk v12.5.30 on ‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬ (Hosting Service). I got recently during an automatic update the following error message:

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] "ssl_ciphers" directive is duplicate in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf:1 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed. Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files.

I tried to remove one of the "ssl_ciphers" directive and started the "generate broken configuration files" but it ended in another error message:

Error: Web server reconfiguration failed: New configuration was not built.

Any idea what I should try as next?

What will happen when the configuration files get re-configured do I loose my existing domains which I configured in Plesk? Or get just the config files according my settings generated?

Thank you regards
Mark

Try to remove /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf file and then start

# plesk repair web

Back