• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue statistics_coll

Azzazello

New Pleskian
Greetings,

A process statistics_coll runs every day in the early morning hours, for hours and hours and hours and it completely rapes the HDD. I believe its Plesk statistics collection cron.

We disabled in panel already everything we could (AWstats disabled, web statistics disabled etc).

But this process keeps hammering the HDD for hours. Already some mysql databases corrupted because extreme HDD stress.

I read also thats its impossible to switch it off because its hardcoded into plesk.

So my idea is to "ionice" the statistics_coll process to be merciful to the disks.

I require from you to present us a small shell script that we can launch 1 minute after statistics_coll starts (looks like its midnight), using a crontask, to save our HDD from catching fire due to extreme stress caused by your process for hours and hours and hours and hours.

If this cannot be presented we are forced to drop Plesk on all our servers because this cannot go on.

Thanks
Azzazello

I have the same problem and I am killing the process every morning by hand to avoid a server crash.
I have a Shopware shop installed with a mighty image folder structure and this is checked many hours until it's too much IO for my server.
You found a solution?

Back