• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Strange systemd messages piling up

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Every few seconds I see new entries in the logs like:

Code:
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/run-user-10123.mount.wants': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.wants': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/run-user-10123.mount.requires': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.requires': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/run-user-10123.mount.d': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.d': Permission denied

I checked and /usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/ path did not exist on the system, so I created the user.control directory with chmod 777, but still the error continues..

The user 10123 exists on the system - regular web hosting customer.
But the user number keeps changing too -- a few seconds later I got the same "block" of errors for a different user number..

What shall I do?

This is NodeJS bug #EXTNODEJS-231.

As a possible workaround, create empty files that appear in the error message. For example:

# touch /usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.d

As a possible workaround, create empty files that appear in the error message. For example:

I tried that first, but the permission errors continued -- besides the system is very creative with the names and the userid's so you probably need to create hundreds of these files/folders.

I instead changed the systemd logging levels.. it's all quiet now!

Unfortunately if I lower the logging levels I also miss some important information.. Is there any news about this bug?

I'm getting about a dozen of them EVERY SECOND..

Thanks!
-t

Btw, I did that just now, I created all the files mentioned in journalctl , it still kept giving Permission Denied.. So I set them to 777, it still keeps giving Permission Denied..

Btw you CAN disable the systemd logging -- or raise its level so it won't log anything or very little.
But that also stops other logging, like postfix I found.

Back