• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Subdomain cannot be removed with "remove" option from the domains list

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

Subdomain cannot be removed with "remove" option from the domains list

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Alma 8.9
Obisidian 18.0.61 #5

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Clicking the removal button from the domains list does display the expected warning that all data will be deleted, but continueing along doesn't perform any action. The domain remains untouched.

1719331988807.png

1719331977979.png

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Click the domains menu.
2) Click the sandwich menu and select "Remove Domain" (or "Remove Subdomain")
3) Confirm the warning dialog.

ACTUAL RESULT

The warning dialog closes, but nothing happens to the domain.

EXPECTED RESULT

The selected domain shall be removed.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

No entries in panel.log for it.
I was able to remove the subdomain from within the subscription's domain list, but the same did not work from the "Domains" menu domain list.

I've tried a couple times (even installed Wordpress at the sub domain) on a Alma 8 test server. But in all my attempts the sub domain deleted fine. Maybe it's better to have support take a look at it?

Yep, probably. I'll open a ticket once I get around to it (not at the moment, it's not such an important bug as there are other ways to remove subdomains).

Lately we had the some anomaly as @Bitpalast . We could not remove subdomains and/or domain aliases / domains from the administrator domain view using the menu with the three dots. When switching to the remove button everything worked out fine.

Same es @Kaspar@Plesk we could not reproduce the issue with newly created domains / subdomains / domain aliases. The only strange behavior we see is an redirect to the dashboard immediately after the subdomain is deleted correctly. Next time we delete an older domain we will try to monitor the logs.

Back