• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Slave DNS manager does not transfer subdomains

enerspace

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Slave DNS manager does not transfer subdomains

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Version 18.0.58 Update #2, CloudLinux 8.9

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When a new subdomain is created, the command
Code:
rndc delzone subdomain.domain.de
must be executed on the slave DNS server to make the subdomain accessible.

Presumably, the subdomain is transferred as its own zone.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

• Create the domain: [tt]domain.de[/tt].
  • Create a subdomain under the Domain:
    Code:
    subdomain.domain.de
  • Verify the result on the slave DNS server using the following command:
    Code:
    dig @localhost any subdomain.domain.de

ACTUAL RESULT

• No IP address is displayed.
  • On the Master DNS Server (Plesk), the correct IP address is provided when using the command
    Code:
    dig @localhost any subdomain.domain.de

EXPECTED RESULT

- The IP address of the subdomain should be displayed on the SLAVE DNS server.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

When I enter the command on the Slave DNS Server:
Code:
watch -n 0.5 dig @localhost any subdomain.domain.de
and then create the subdomain in the Plesk Panel, I briefly see the correct result until the IP address disappears again. I believe that the Slave DNS manager correctly creates the subdomain and then creates its own zone for it.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

We've had this on Alma8;

EXTPLESK-5261.
The issue is related to the version of the Bind DNS server which comes with AlmaLinux 8 (slave server) and occurs with the subdomains that do not have their own DNS zone.

Thank you for the information. Is there already an ETA for this? Unfortunately, I can't find anything about it (EXTPLESK-5261).
Can one install a different version of Bind to fix the problem?

There is the option to install BIND 9.16 afterwards. However, the plesk-dns-bind-driver-18.0-2 does not recognize the version. Therefore, it would be uninstalled. Is there a workaround for this? Or can someone tell me if plesk-dns-bind-driver-18.0-2 is compatible with BIND 9.16?

1707821488996.png

This is a forum, not Plesk support. you should go to https://support.plesk.com if you require definitive answers

Thank you for your response. However, I fail to see how this issue relates solely to Plesk support. My original query was about a clear compatibility issue between the plesk-dns-bind-driver-18.0-2 package and BIND 9.16. This seems to me more like a technical problem or even a bug within Plesk's software, rather than a question that can only be addressed by customer support.

The inability of the plesk-dns-bind-driver-18.0-2 to recognize BIND 9.16 results in the package being uninstalled, which poses a significant issue for users dependent on this version. Therefore, I believe this is an important issue that should be addressed by the community or the developers to find a solution or a workaround. I hope for an understanding of the technical nature of my request and that it won't be dismissed as merely a support matter.

Could you please elaborate on why you believe this is strictly a matter for support? Or could you offer an alternative suggestion on how to deal with this apparent compatibility issue?

Plesk is closed source...if you find a bug report it to support after all this is what the license pays for?

What is the forum for?

Please, click Post New Thread button and fill the form if you really believe you discovered a new bug and need to report it to the Plesk developers. It does allow us to handle and resolve your requests much more efficiently. Please be careful and do not submit any found problem with this template! Double check that it is really bug and you can reproduce it!

Back