• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue subdomain changed / Multisafepay problem

TimCon

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Last week I changed the subdomain name of a small webshop we are hosting for a customer. All seems to work well, except for the payment module. The error that appears refers to the document root of the old subdomain. Apparently it is normal that the document root does not get updated by a subdomain name change. That in itself is no problem. The problem however is that since this change MultiSafePay thinks it's logfile folder is not writeable. It is however writable by owner, and the error does not disappear when I give it temporary full access. So I don't think it is a rights problem.

Anyone recognises this problem?
Thanks!

So the thing I have to ask is if the sub domain was created as a normal domain name or as an actual sub domain under the main domain? If it was done as an actual sub domain under the main domain then the system user's name would had been the same and you shouldn't get any permission error but if it's created as if it's a normal domain then chances are you're using a different system user name (this can be easily checked by going to the domain in question and look at "system user" at the very bottom and compared what the system user is set to for each of the domain, if it's different then you'll need to update the permission to that new system user and that should resolve your issue).

But if the system user is the same then the module itself is looking at something different and this isn't anything to do with Plesk thus we do not know how the module interacts with anything. Your best bet in this case would be to reach out to multisafepay for support and simply provide them with what you've done (changing the sub domain from original.domain.tld to new.domain.tld) and what error you're getting and that it works when changing the permission to full access works and you've already checked and confirmed ownership of the document root.

Yes, I changed subdomain1.ourowndomain.nl to subdomain2.ourowndomain.nl, I see that PLESK with that action does not even change the documentroot. So yes, the root user is still the same and the complete filesystem has not changed also. Frustrating is that a restore from backup (through Plesk) introduces the same problem in the old situation...

I agree that this is most likely a module problem. I'll ask Multisafepay.
Thanks!

Back