• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Subdomain-page cannot be found

ashes

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

Im a bit new to all of this but I'm hoping someone can help me. Im looking to create a development copy of my website.

I created the subdomain called test.mywebsite.com and copied the website files from mywebsite.com over to it.

I created an A name record so no DNS issues.

As i copied files from my mywebsite.com over to it, when i try to access test.mywebsite.com it redirects me to mywebsite.com.

In config.php I changed the X-Cart HTTP & HTTPS host and web directory to test.mywebsite.com but
now it tells me the page cannot be found.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

Hi ashes,

sometimes ( depending to your used content ) dynamic links and redirects are as well created based on database entries and additional configuration files. As you don't mention, what sort of content you use at your domain/subdomain and due to the fact that you don't provide the real FQDN and the corresponding subdomain - name, people willing to help you can't investigate such informations. :(
All major content provider offer as well basic FAQs and turorials, how to move from one server to another ( or from one domain to a subdomain ). :)

Back