• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Subdomain problem

Topkat

New Pleskian
Hi, I have a domain called example.com on Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 with CentOS Linux 7.6.1810. Yesterday I created a new domain called foo.com. The problem is that if I go to any subdomain on example.com such as xyz.example.com, it shows the homepage of foo.com (the new domain I just created).

I wasn’t able to add a new domain to Plesk until I ran the commands in the link below:

Unable to create object in Plesk: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry for key 'PRIMARY'

What could be the problem? When I visit xyz.example.com, it says the SSL certificate is invalid because it’s using the certificate from foo.com.

I have tried deleting foo.com and adding it again, but I get the same problem.

Looks like database inconsistency. Have you tried to fix it with

# plesk repair db

oк with solutions from mentioned KB article?

Thanks for your reply. I ran "plesk repair db" yesterday and it repaired the table. I ran the command again just now and it said the db is ok, but I still have the problem.

# plesk repair db

Warning: Current locale is unusable. Using 'C' instead.

Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]

Checking the structure of the Plesk database ........................ [OK]

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database ...................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

What is the warning for?

Last edited:
I also have a wildcard subdomain for example.com (*.example.com) that used to forwards to the main domain (example.com). After running the auto_increment_fix update to add an extra domain, the wildcard subdomain for *.example.com displays *.example.com in the address bar, but shows foo.com's homepage.

Could I edit something in the psa database to fix the problem?

I removed my wildcard subdomain from example.com and then added it again, but the same problem persists.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team for fixing this issue directly on your Plesk server or in Plesk database.

Back