• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomains not working despite DNS

Irolan

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this was answered before, I did not find a topic that helped me.

We're running Plesk 12.0.18 on a Linux server (this is hosted, I do not know what Linux it is, and I only have access to the Plesk Panel).
For some reason, subdomains are causing problems. There are several domains on this server. Usually, when I create a subdomain, they work immediately. However, yesterday I created a subdomain which was not available. It could also not be pinged (host not found). I deleted it and created it under another domain, this time it worked.
Now gets weird. I tried to access the subdomain today, and suddenly it's no longer working. Host not found.
The subdomain and its directory are still there, the A record is also there.
Other subdomains are working, I just tried to create another one, it's working, too.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on here?

Best regards
Irolan

Hi Irolan,

just to inform you, please have a look at: How to determine Plesk version/build? ( KB - article 8732 )
All system informations are displayed on the start page in the box "System Overview".

If you don't see such a "System Overview" - box after you logged in to your Plesk Control Panel, please consider to visit: Interface Views ( online documentation: Administrator's Guide, Plesk 12.0 )
... and switch to the "Service Provider view".​

To help you, we need some more informations:

Is your domain provider the same as your server hosting provider?
Did you probably get an additional URL ( and additional log-in credentials ) to log-in to the domain providers "Domain Controller" ( DNS - Manager )?

Did you have a look at your log - files ?
Did you try the "bootstrapper repair" ?
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Additional notice: In most cases, when you rent a server from a hosting company, then your Plesk server itself is not the initial nameserver. In such cases, the DNS - settings have to be made over the domain providers nameserver.

To be more specific with suggestions and help, it is always a good idea to include the corresponding domain name. It is far easier, if you provide as much informations as possible, so investigations can be done much faster. :)

Hi Irolan,

just to inform you, please have a look at: How to determine Plesk version/build? ( KB - article 8732 )
All system informations are displayed on the start page in the box "System Overview".

If you don't see such a "System Overview" - box after you logged in to your Plesk Control Panel, please consider to visit: Interface Views ( online documentation: Administrator's Guide, Plesk 12.0 )
... and switch to the "Service Provider view".​

To help you, we need some more informations:

Is your domain provider the same as your server hosting provider?
Did you probably get an additional URL ( and additional log-in credentials ) to log-in to the domain providers "Domain Controller" ( DNS - Manager )?

Did you have a look at your log - files ?
Did you try the "bootstrapper repair" ?
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Additional notice: In most cases, when you rent a server from a hosting company, then your Plesk server itself is not the initial nameserver. In such cases, the DNS - settings have to be made over the domain providers nameserver.

To be more specific with suggestions and help, it is always a good idea to include the corresponding domain name. It is far easier, if you provide as much informations as possible, so investigations can be done much faster. :)

Ok, found it.
OS is CentOS 6.6 (Final).
The domain provider (InterNetX) not the server hosting provider. I do not know if there are additional credentials, the responsible colleague is on vacation and will not return before mid-november.
I assume you mean the error log of the domain? It only repeats one error message over and over: "[warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Parallels Panel' does NOT match server name!?"
Can I do the "bootstrap repair" via Plesk Panel? I do not have access to the OS.

I'm not allowed to provide the domain name, as it is part of a project we're working on.

Hi Irolan,

Can I do the "bootstrap repair" via Plesk Panel? I do not have access to the OS.
I'm sorry, but such "cli" ( cli = command line interface ) - commands are only available over the command line, so there has to be a login to the server with the root - account ( or any other account with root priviliges ) first ( with a ssh - client ), before you can use such commands over the command line.

"[warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Parallels Panel' does NOT match server name!?"
This is not an error message, it is a WARNING, which you can ignore completely.

For further help, I would suggest to get in touch with your domain provider ( https://www.internetx.com ). Describe your issue(s) and they maybe could help you, with missing DNS - entries, or they will give you new login credentials, if you can prove your identity and your administration rights.

Back