• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Subdomains showing apache default page

ItsPerona

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.15.0-50-generic x86_64)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47.3
Hello, I am trying to create a subdomain in plesk type "test.example.com" but when I try to access that address I get the default apache2 page.

Por otro lado al tratar de poner un certificado SSL de Let's Encrypt me sale el siguente error

No pudo emitirse un certificado SSL/TLS Let's Encrypt para test.iperona.com.

La zona DNS de test.iperona.com contiene un registro AAAA, pero al dominio no se le ha asignado ninguna dirección IPv6 en Plesk.
Para resolver la incidencia, asigne una dirección IPv6 a test.iperona.com ("Sitios web y dominios" > "Acceso a hosting web") o bien elimine el registro AAAA de la zona DNS de test.iperona.com.

Hello, I am trying to create a subdomain in plesk type "test.example.com" but when I try to access that address I get the default apache2 page.
Have you checked that the document root directory has some content like an index.html or index.php page? Else the web server will display its default page instead.

Por otro lado al tratar de poner un certificado SSL de Let's Encrypt me sale el siguente error
Sorry i forgot translate.

On the other hand when trying to put an SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt I get the following error.

An SSL/TLS Let's Encrypt certificate could not be issued for test.iperona.com.

The DNS zone of test.iperona.com contains an AAAA record, but the domain has not been assigned an IPv6 address in Plesk.
To resolve the issue, either assign an IPv6 address to test.iperona.com ("Websites & Domains" > "Web Hosting Access") or remove the AAAA record from the test.iperona.com DNS zone.

Have you checked that the document root directory has some content like an index.html or index.php page? Else the web server will display its default page instead.
If you have an .index.php which contains the default plesk page, however it still shows me the apache page.

Have you verified, that the DNS resolves your domain to the correct host? Your SSL error message suggests that something is wrong with DNS settings.

Have you verified, that the DNS resolves your domain to the correct host? Your SSL error message suggests that something is wrong with DNS settings.
Supposedly yes, I have a domain "iperona.com" which belongs to a web hosting which has a subdomain "server.iperona.com" pointing to the dedicated server where Plesk is installed

However, server.iperona.com also shows me the apache page

Your subdomain and your domain resolve to two different IP addresses. Test it with a ping. That's the reason why server.iperona.com is routed to an address where it is not configured. You do not see the same server on these two domains.

Last edited:
Your subdomain and your domain resolve to two different IP addresses. Test it with a ping. That's the reason why server.iperona.com is routed an address where it is not configured. You do not see the same server on these two domains.
Previously I had it configured like this. He had
"iperona.com" - In web hosting
"server.iperona.com" - Pointing to the dedicated server
"<others>.iperona.com" - Pointing to dedicated server

Previously I had it configured like this. He had
"iperona.com" - In web hosting
"server.iperona.com" - Pointing to the dedicated server
"<others>.iperona.com" - Pointing to dedicated server
I'm not very good with A Records, NS, AAAA, SRV etc, how am I supposed to configure the subdomains to work correctly as I want and not show me the default Apache page in the subdomains?

I'm not very good with A Records, NS, AAAA, SRV etc, how am I supposed to configure the subdomains to work correctly as I want and not show me the default Apache page in the subdomains?
It should be sufficient for many cases to only have an A record (for IPv4), and AAAA record (if you are using IPv6 at all, else you can omit that one) and route @ and * to the same address. You'll also need an MX record, but that can point to your domain name. With a wildcard entry like * all subdomains are also routed to the same system. Simply check your existing DNS records and update them so that all are routed to the IP address that your host and your website are using.

It should be sufficient for many cases to only have an A record (for IPv4), and AAAA record (if you are using IPv6 at all, else you can omit that one) and route @ and * to the same address. You'll also need an MX record, but that can point to your domain name. With a wildcard entry like * all subdomains are also routed to the same system. Simply check your existing DNS records and update them so that all are routed to the IP address that your host and your website are using.
I have put that test.iperona.com has the "A" record of the server's IP and "AAAA" the ipv6 of the server as well. Apache page still showing

I won't use MX records because I don't have mail for those subdomains

Please check this yourself by using a "ping" command. When you ping your two URLs your nameserver still responds with different IP addresses. Also pay attention not only to AAAA, but to A records.

Now the page of my web hosting is shown to me in the test subdomain despite having the IP of the dedicated server with plesk.
I don't understand, previously I have had the IP pointing to the host and the subdomains pointing to the server.

Please check this yourself by using a "ping" command. When you ping your two URLs your nameserver still responds with different IP addresses. Also pay attention not only to AAAA, but to A records.
Done, I have put the "test" domain and subdomain in the same "A" and "AAAA" record.

It seems that the domain now addresses either a web space account or the general /var/html directory:
[TXT] index.nginx-debian.html 2022-10-13 01:43 612
[TXT] old_index.html 2021-11-17 22:21 11K

If you see an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED that may be for a totally different reason, such as Fail2Ban blocking your IP address for too many access permission violations or too many failed email logins. As you have changed the IP address, some system in your local network might try to connect to the right server now, but at the same time might send wrong login credentials. That triggers Fail2Ban which then blocks your IP address.

Maybe it could help you to think the whole thing over again and maybe sketch on paper which domains are routed to where. Then follow each configuration step from DNS down to the web server configuration, Plesk setting etc. and verify that everything is correct. Currently something seems to not be configured right, but you can only find he cause by following the incoming request through the processing chain. This cannot be done here on the forum, it must be examined on the server.

It seems that the domain now addresses either a web space account or the general /var/html directory:
[TXT] index.nginx-debian.html 2022-10-13 01:43 612
[TXT] old_index.html 2021-11-17 22:21 11K

If you see an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED that may be for a totally different reason, such as Fail2Ban blocking your IP address for too many access permission violations or too many failed email logins. As you have changed the IP address, some system in your local network might try to connect to the right server now, but at the same time might send wrong login credentials. That triggers Fail2Ban which then blocks your IP address.

Maybe it could help you to think the whole thing over again and maybe sketch on paper which domains are routed to where. Then follow each configuration step from DNS down to the web server configuration, Plesk setting etc. and verify that everything is correct. Currently something seems to not be configured right, but you can only find he cause by following the incoming request through the processing chain. This cannot be done here on the forum, it must be examined on the server.
Currently those 2 files are in "/var/www/html"
What is the default directory I should redirect to?

I have a folder called "/var/www/vhosts/iperona.com" where inside I have "test" and other subdomains that I created from plesk

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED occurs to me when trying to access from https, it seems that http is correct

I'm pretty clear on how I want it to work.

"iperona.com" - Pointing to web hosting (/)
"server.iperona.com" - Pointing to dedicated server (85.214.113.41)
"<others>.iperona.com" - Pointing to dedicated server (85.214.113.41)

The problem seems to be that if I put the domain to point to (/) the subdomains fail. This never happened to me before.

Hello!

Plesk, Apache and Nginx have been reinstalled from scratch and subdomains now seem to be working properly. In addition, it already lets me enter the SSL certificates.

The only thing that would remain for me would be for the main domain to take me to the website that I have in the web hosting and not to the dedicated server, how is it possible to do that?

It should be achieved quite simply by creating a subscription with that domain. Also make sure that the domain is not set as the customer Plesk login URL domain.

Back