• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Subscriptions, subscriptions, subscriptions - subscriptions everywhere

Z0mbiel0ne

New Pleskian
First of all, I love Plesk.

I really enjoy using it and I'm super happy with the good documentation and the great community.

I also totally understand that money has to be earned with Plesk and that subscriptions cannot be avoided.

But 4 € a month for ex. the Google Cloud add-on is really a lot when you consider that plesk costs only € 8 per month in the Web Admin Edition. There is absolutely no comparison in the amount of development.

Not that 4 € a month kill me, but it's unpleasant that many features that were completely free now cost a lot of money in relation to each other, and then all of that every month.

How do you like that?

We have a similar experience with the Plesk Windows "Power Pack". This is mostly filled with useless or limited features, but we have to buy it at $15/mo in order to get small, but important, features such as MS SQL support or Remote SmarterMail support. The price is completely disproportionate to the base cost of Plesk or the tiny amount of development required to create it. Feels like a "bait & switch" where you expect to pay $10/mo for Plesk WebAdmin, but discover later that it will really cost you $25/mo or more to actually use it in production. Leaves a bad taste.

We have a similar experience with the Plesk Windows "Power Pack". This is mostly filled with useless or limited features, but we have to buy it at $15/mo in order to get small, but important, features such as MS SQL support or Remote SmarterMail support. The price is completely disproportionate to the base cost of Plesk or the tiny amount of development required to create it. Feels like a "bait & switch" where you expect to pay $10/mo for Plesk WebAdmin, but discover later that it will really cost you $25/mo or more to actually use it in production. Leaves a bad taste.
I totally agree.
Would feel more comfortable with a slightly more expensive package in with all minimum basic addons.
Virus scanners and other web mails can be available as an extra add-on. But databases and backups are important features for me.
Plesk is extremely cheap at € 8 per month. Such an add-on only has a fraction of the functions. the development effort and updates are extremely low in comparison

"bait & switch" fits pretty well ...

In the higher packages there is no feature that justifies the extra cost. They are all outsourced in addons

Back