• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sudden increase in bandwidth in SMTP

Q

Quaxxon

Hey Guys.

A domain of one of out clients has suddenly started using alot of bandwidth (on over 8GB so far this month) on there SMTP service. This did seem very odd to me so I have spent the last day going through the mailserver logs (currently testing Merek).

After looking, it just doesnt seem possible that the domain is actually using this amount of bandwidth so now wondering if Plesk is reporting it properly.

It doesnt really help that plesk doen't show much info about bandwith as a per day grapth would be better.

I'm wondering where plesk actually gets this bandwidth info from and if i could go through it?

We did have a server malfunction a week ago and had to restore all sites and it appears this is when it may have started. Although im not too sure on this and only guessing its just the one domain being affected.

Any advice would be great.

Back