• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Suddenly several root folders appear in the file manager

fabulousone

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 Update #1
Hello,

Recently, several root directories have been displayed in the file manager of a subscription (dev, etc, usr and var).
All four folders belong to the user and the root group. These have not been displayed recently and are very confusing. Additionally, I don't want the user to have access to these directories and the files in them. The problem occurred after I briefly enabled SSH access for the system user. I revoked access, but the folders still appear. I have attached a screenshot for you to understand better.

How do I get rid of this?

Best regards

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-25 um 04.24.59.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-25 um 04.24.59.png
    180 KB · Views: 10
Those directories are added when enabling SSH access for the system user, like you did. You can delete them if they bother you.

Back