1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

SUEXEC Error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rank1st, Feb 24, 2006.

1. rank1st

rank1st Guest

Hi Folks,

I am getting an error when restarting Apache:

Warning: SuexecUserGroup directive requires SUEXEC wrapper.

Basically, its repeated for every site that I have and I can no longer get into the Plesk Managment Console. I get the error:

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Any thoughts, everything otherwise seems to be running fine.

2. rank1st

rank1st Guest

I figured out the error with the management console. Anyone want to list the correct owner for the /usr/local/psa directories? Somehow I managed to chmod mine to root and I am pretty sure that is not correct.

3. thedust2010

thedust2010 Guest

I am getting this same error but am stumped as to how to go about fixing it. Any advice??

4. rank1st

rank1st Guest

Try this set of permissions:

-r-s--x--- 1 root apache 18684 Aug 24 2005 /usr/sbin/suexec

Permissions for /usr/local/psa/suexec directory:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 25 12:09 suexec

Permissions for psa-suexec
    -r-s--x--- 1 root apache 16388 Aug 24 2005 /usr/local/psa/suexec/psa-suexec

If you did like I did and chowned the entire usr directory you will likely have more problems than this will resolve. I could arrange to get you a listing of the directory but caution you that it is about 10MB in size.