• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Support of Newer PHP & MySQL Versions

• Thread starter Christopher Anderson
  • Start date
C

Christopher Anderson

More and more developers have stopped supporting the versions of PHP and MySQL that shipped with the Linux OS Versions that Parallels is currently supporting with Plesk Panel 9.2.2.

I have spent a great deal of time reading through a multitude of forums over the last few weeks and I haven't found a single Linux Admin indicate that they have been able to upgrade PHP and MySQL to newer versions on servers running Plesk 9.2.2 with 100% success.

Will Parallels be releasing an install script for Plesk 9.2.2 that will run on a Linux Distro (other than SUSE) that has been released in 2009? If so, when can we expect to see it?

There must be a means of being able to successfully upgrade PHP and MySQL to the most recent stable version that would allow Plesk Panel and all additional addons to still work flawlessly on at least one of the platforms you currently support. Why don't you do us a favor and write a step by step document showing how it can be done.

Like many hosting providers we need to be able to support newer versions of PHP and MySQL as these products evolve, if we don't then we risk losing some or all of our customer base. If our customers leave, we won't buying new licenses of Plesk or paying to renew SUS. So with that in mind I would hope that someone from Parallels let us know what your development plans are going to be for the near term and long term so that we can plan accordingly.

There is anyone that has Plesk 9.2.2 and PHP 5.2 or grater installed successfully on CentOS 5.2 64bit or grater?

If you are using ART repo, then you can do this very easily. yum update ....
Yes, we are using latest PHP and MySQL thanx to ART.

Yep, PHP 5.2.11 + zend, ioncube, suhosin, etc are all available for Plesk in the Atomic repo. Typically we'll have the latest versions available within a week (sometimes the same day) of a new release from php.net, mysql.com, etc.

You can add the atomic repo to your yum config with:

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

Yep, PHP 5.2.11 + zend, ioncube, suhosin, etc are all available for Plesk in the Atomic repo. Typically we'll have the latest versions available within a week (sometimes the same day) of a new release from php.net, mysql.com, etc.

You can add the atomic repo to your yum config with:

wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh

Hello ART!
I've been using your GREAT repo since Plesk 8.6 for getting PHP and MySQL 5, thanks for your work.
I'm now in Plesk 9.0.1 and ready to upgrade to 9.2.3 but I remember that when I moved from 8.6 to 9.0 I had to yum remove some of your RPMs first because of dependence. In fact I remember that I messed up the whole server and Plesk installation and had to request Parallels Support Ticket to fix it.
Do you know what is the safest way to upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.2.3 by removing the necessary and adequate RPMs ?
I'm using:
php.i386 5.2.11-2.el4.art
mysql.i386 5.0.87-1.el4.art

Thank you in advance.
Greetings!

Typically that happens because the autoupdater is out of date. What I do is upgrade plesk using yum, that usually gets around the updaters issues.

Back