• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Switch from Unix-socket to TCP/IP socket

Chaos23

New Pleskian
Hi!

I am using in all NGINX configuration on a Debian server. It happens that sometimes when a lot of users want to access the site, I receive the following error:

php-fpm.sock failed (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) while connecting to upstream, client: 46.88.158.20, server: exampledomain.com, request: "GET / example/example/example HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:///var/www/vhosts/system/exampledomain.com/php-fpm.sock:"

I do not run out of child processes. I read that some people managed to get rid of the problem by switching from Unix-socket to a TCP/IP socket.

Now I need to know what additional directives I need for PHP and NGINX to switch from the Unix-socket to the TCP/IP socket use.

I think for PHP this should be:

listen = localhost:9000

But I do not know what to use for NGINX. Can someone please help me on this?

Thanks!

This error can be occured when php-fpm server is restarting when new configuration applied.
You also can try increasing php resources in Domain > PHP Settings >
Set pm.max_children to 10 or 20, pm.max_requests to 1000, pm to dynamic.

Switching from unix socket is not a good solution (because communications over unix socket are more stable then over tcp/ip)

Back