• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Symfony 6.4 app - Contact Form - page crashing after submission - MAILER_DSN script

ybico

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58
I have a Symfony v6.4 app which is running well on my VPS, but the only problem I have is when I submit the contact form. The contact page crashes and then it displays a 500 server error page.
When the contact form is submitted, the data from the contact form reaches de database(MariaDB), the acknowledgement mail is sent, but it is not received by the email address of the person who submits the contact form, and lastly the page crashes.
Doing some tests, I have realized that it is the MAILER_DSN script who is messing things up.
The script I'm using for the smtp transport, in the .env file, is as follows:
MAILER_DSN=smtp://xyz%40my-domain:[email protected]:25 -----> url encode is required for the user and password, that's why you can read '%40' instead of '@'
I have also tried port 587 and also 465 and things don´t go thru and the page keeps crashing.
BTW, my email address works correctly. It sends and receive internal and external mails.
I´ll appreciate any hint or piece of advise.

Attachments

• filling-the-form.png
    filling-the-form.png
    58 KB · Views: 7
  • formdata-to-database.png
    formdata-to-database.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 5
  • email-sent-but-not-received.png
    email-sent-but-not-received.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 500-internal-server-error.png
    500-internal-server-error.png