• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Symlink between to domains in same server not working

Jorge Batres

New Pleskian
Hi, I have created Symlinks in a domain and its subdomains, but now I would like to use it between two domains hosted on the same server.
I have created the Symlink between the two, and I can see it with SSH, but it is not working. Here is the error from the logs:

2021/06/02 10:58:17 [error] 15040#0: *11186 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 00.000.0.000, server: www.domain-two.com, request: "POST /reservations/price.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:///var/www/vhosts/system/domain-two.com/php-fpm.sock:", host: "www.domain-two.com", referrer: "https://www.domain-two.com/destination/hotel-file.html"

Server: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.9
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.35 Update #2

Please help!
Thanks,
Jorge

You shouldn't be symlinking content across subscription. Put then in one, share a doc root or add as alias

Thank you, so how can I make a directory that can be accessed only by the other sites in my server?
I don't do hosting; I have my own subscriptions/domains.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be symlinking content across subscription. Put then in one, share a doc root or add as alias
To clarify, that should be "Put them in one, and share a doc root or add as alias" because sharing a doc root across different system user accounts is just asking for trouble.

Back