• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue System folders showing in V-Hosts Root

miniman2k17

New Pleskian
Hello.. i have this problem where i am seeing System folders located in the V-Hosts root folder.

Since i haven't seen have this problem before i decided to come here for help!

How to fix :?

Capture3.png

Looks like you have Access to the server over SSH is set as /bin/bash (crooted) in Plesk > Domains > example.tld > Web Hosting Access.
As result, chrooted directories persist in domain's directory.

Looks like you have Access to the server over SSH is set as /bin/bash (crooted) in Plesk > Domains > example.tld > Web Hosting Access.
As result, chrooted directories persist in domain's directory.
Thank's for the reply.. When i Disabled the Server over SSH.. The Directory's still stay the same :/

@miniman2k17

I must admit that the statement

When i Disabled the Server over SSH.

is not entirely clear, but I do get the quintessence of your problem and I can safely guess the root cause of the problem.

It can be safely stated that you or the hosting provider mixed some accounts and groups, resulting in a very odd and very unsafe setup.

Let me explain a bit.

You probably have one account that gives you access to Plesk (read: one domain/virtual host) AND SSH: this already defies a golden rule, it is not a good idea to do this.

The specific account is (to some degree) manageable via Plesk Panel and files and directories can be changed or viewed via Plesk Panel.

However, the problem is on the server side:

- the Plesk account and the account that can access SSH are one and the same, (and)
- the SSH account is a system account or an account with (limited) system privileges, (and)
- the SSH account is limited to some files and (sub-)directories, probably in a specific home directory for the (system based) user, (and)
- it can be the case that the SSH account is added to some Plesk specific group.

In essence, you or the hosting provider should

- create a separate SSH account, for many obvious reasons (one of them being security related),
- keep the Plesk account,
- remove the relations between user/group settings of both the Plesk and the SSH account.

After all, if your SSH account is fully separated from the Plesk account, you will not be able to access "system" files and directories via the Plesk Panel and/or use the Plesk account to access SSH.

Finally, note that you have to be sure that you want to do this (read: a separation between the Plesk and SSH account), since user/account management is very "specialized work" that requires thorough knowledge, certainly if you are fiddling with system users (such as the SSH account).

Hope the above helps a bit.

Kind regards.......

Back