• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question system user homedir persistance?

twentysecond

New Pleskian
Hey there,

after migration I changed homedir of a subscription (main) domain several times and now tried installing a certificate with let's encrypt. Using Plesk 12.5 on a CloudLinux.

While setting up certificate it is running into a filemng error:

Cannot chdir to proeins_de homedir /var/www/vhosts/webX.v7690.managedvps.de

The actual "home" dir of main domain is /var/www/vhosts/proeins.de, I also looked into the psa mysql db and didn't find any instance of v7690 (old host of the project before migration).

Besides this filemng error everything is working great without issues.

I suppose the homedir is beeing persisted somewhere else, like the mail sqlite db (which you can rebuild with mchk). Is there any command to rebuild this configuration where plesk filemng is reading homedir from?

Kind regards
Alexander

Hi UFHH01,

yeah I did, I was studying a dozen documentations looking for a refresh/rebuild function for homedir. I even changed the system user name / password a few times - still the homedir used in filemng CLI is beeing present.
Seemingly it's the only occurence somewhere in the file system / sqlite, since the db is clean. Or do you think it's encoded somehow?

Back