• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fresh Plesk 11.5 installation failing virtualhosts

ArnaldoA

New Pleskian
Hey forums,

Days ago I deployed an Amazon EC2 instance with Plesk 11.5 image on CentOS 6. I started using/configuring it, migrating some domains I do own and setting up their mail accounts.

But I have had a hard time trying to get the domains to show up their own content. After I set them up in Panel, and visiting them, it just shows the default Apache page, looks like the VirtualHosts are not being included.

I have tried the following:

1. Reconfigure domains
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
Output: no error. I restart Apache afterwards, no changes.
Also tried a "trick" by saving Hosting settings of each domain, reconfigured, nothing happened.

2. Disable nginx
After googling, I thought nginx would be the problem, so I stopped the service by Panel and disabled it by console with /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable
Output: no changes, still the same.

3. Checked vhosts files and permissions
Everything looks in place under /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf and the files directives look OK too. The owner and permissions of directories seem to be OK aswell. (This was all done by the Panel installation, so it should be good to go)

4. Checked listening ports
us-east-1c-i-589ca239 [root:vhosts]$ netstat -ntpl |grep httpd
tcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 30860/httpd
tcp 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN 30860/httpd

I am clueless of what could be happening, or how to detect the error.

So far all I have found is at "/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log"
2013-08-02T18:21:22-04:00 ERR (3) [util_exec]: proc_close() failed
[02-Aug-2013 18:21:22 America/New_York] PleskUtilException: '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'domain' 'list' 'dirs' '/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf' '--in-blocks' failed with code 1.

stdout:
filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied

System error 13: Permission denied

stderr:
filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied

System error 13: Permission denied

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent/Transport/Local/Exec.php
line: 38
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent/Transport/Local.php(60): Service_Agent_Transport_Local_Exec->process(0, Object(Service_Agent_Command_Exec), Object(Service_Agent_Transport_LocalTransaction))
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent/Transport/Local.php(26): Service_Agent_Transport_Local->_command(0, Object(Service_Agent_Command_Exec), Object(Service_Agent_Transport_LocalTransaction))
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php(140): Service_Agent_Transport_Local->process('5e574c48c534aba...', Array)
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php(210): Service_Agent->commit()
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Filesystem/Plesk/Unix.php(300): Service_Agent->execAndGetResponse('filemng', Array)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Filesystem/Plesk/Unix.php(31): Service_Driver_Filesystem_Plesk_Unix->_execAndGetResponse(Array)
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/FileManager.php(307): Service_Driver_Filesystem_Plesk_Unix->ls('domain', '/var/www/vhosts...', 'dirs', 'blocks', true)
#7 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/FileManager.php(293): FileManager->ls_wrapper('dirs', '/var/www/vhosts...', true)
#8 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/controllers/FileManagerController.php(628): FileManager->ls_dirs_wrapper('/var/www/vhosts...', true)
#9 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/controllers/FileManagerController.php(399): FileManagerController->_getDirectoriesTree('/conf')
#10 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): FileManagerController->treeDataAction()
#11 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('treeDataAction')
#12 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#13 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Application/Web.php(39): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#14 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/public/index.php(14): Smb_Application_Web->run()
#15 {main}

I do not intend to fill this post with error messages that could mislead your trace of the errors, so please if the error above is not related to my problem, ignore it.

Thanks for reading & any help will be appreciated

Last edited:
Back