1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The same problem Migration 7.5.4 to 8.0

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Jorge Rozas C., Jun 1, 2006.

1. Jorge Rozas C.

Jorge Rozas C. Guest

Friends

I`m working in the Plesk 7.5.4 and I have another server with plesk 8.0. Now iam using 7.5.4 but i have to change to the other machine 8.0 in the 8.0 I couldn´t restore the backups from 7.5.4 to 8.0 , and i read this

"The backup is not working b/c you are probably using a 7.5 backup on an 8.0 psa box.

In this case I would recommend using the migration manager. I have had many painless, successful PMM runs."

But i don´t know to use the migration from the source IP
    or use import data, i did a backups for each domain, and i have a lot of domains and it`s boring try to do import one by one.

In the migration maybe i can take all domains from IP and upload, but i don`t know the process.

And i`m afraid to lose the data from the IP Source it`s so important for me no lose the data from the original IP, because i`m working in thie machine now

Do you know if can i do damage or lose information from the IP Source if i do the migration.

Thanks for your help.

Jorge

2. poke

poke Guest

The source machine won't be affected. ;)