1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The Windows Process Activation Service failed to generate an application pool config

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Windows' started by Muhammad UmarH, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Muhammad UmarH

Muhammad UmarH New Pleskian

60%
    Hi,

We have Plesk 11 installed on server 2008.
    We are getting a strange error message in IIS 7 pointing to plesk attached to this thread.

Error Message:
    " The Windows Process Activation Service failed to generate an application pool config file for application pool 'PleskControlPanel'. The error type is '7'. To resolve this issue, please ensure that the applicationhost.config file is correct and recommit the last configuration changes made. The data field contains the error number."

We have also installed Coldfusion 9 on our server and getting an error while trying to open CF administrator.
    Error Message:
    HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
    The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.
    Detailed Error Information
    Module StaticFileModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm
    Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm
    Logon Method Anonymous
    Logon User Anonymous

I assume these two error might be inter-related, Can someone help on this please.

Thanks!

Muhammad Umar Hanif
    Systems Engineer
    http://hyve.com

Attached Files:

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    As far as I see this issue has been resolved by Support Team in ticket #1490189: