• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question There are accounts with passwords encrypted using a deprecated algorithm

yes I have already looked at. if I understand correctly then this script sets new passwords? then the new password would have to be exchanged for hundreds of customers in their scripts.

Alternative solution could be (theoretically):
Modify the login script of Plesk in a way, that it also checks against the algorythm used in confixx and automatically update the hash on a login.
I did such a thing for converting oscommerce users into modified shop with a phppass modification.
Drawback is ... it remains the old encryption until the user logs in ... in some cases that could happen never

But carefull! I have absolutely no idea if this is possible somehow without microupdates or mayor updates removing your modification.
In my case it worked, but it was not plesk.

Back