• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved This is taking way too long?

kek

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, so deployed a DO server and plesk. Got the IP and put it in browser. Logged in. Asked me to change password, I did. Then it showed this:

This "Setting up plesk panel" keeps on going and it was close to 10 mins. Thought something was messed up, so closed the browser and deleted the droplet.

Create a new droplet, took that IP, and put it in browser and after setting password, again over 10 mins and again stuck on "Setting up Plesk Panel".

Btw, tried two different browsers but same thing.

Is this supposed to take this long? Saw YT videos and it took them only a couple of seconds.

What could be the issue?

This usually should not take any longer than a minute or two. However note that when the server IP becomes visible on the DO dashboard after you've created a droplet the server often hasn't finished installing Plesk. Desipede the fact that the loading bar in the DO dashboard disappeared (and the IP gets shown). It can easily take a another 20 to 30 minutes before the install is fully completed.

I am not sure why the Plesk "set-up" take that much time for you. Best advice I can give is to give it some time ..

This usually should not take any longer than a minute or two. However note that when the server IP becomes visible on the DO dashboard after you've created a droplet the server often hasn't finished installing Plesk. Desipede the fact that the loading bar in the DO dashboard disappeared (and the IP gets shown). It can easily take a another 20 to 30 minutes before the install is fully completed.

I am not sure why the Plesk "set-up" take that much time for you. Best advice I can give is to give it some time ..
Deleted that droplet and tried with another one, it finished within a couple of seconds.

Back