• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Thunderbird 24.0 outgoing mail settings

ToonvW

New Pleskian
Hey,

Incoming mail on several devices with various operating systems gives me no trouble at all. However I can not find the right settings for outgoing mail for Thunderbird 24.0.

For incoming mail I noticed I had to submit mail.<name>.be and port 143, no authentication and non-encrypted password. And it works.

For outgoing mail server I've tried a lot of options:
mail.<name>.be, all ports tested, all authentication options, and with both encrypted or non-encrypted passwords, in every combination of these settings.
smtp.<name>.be , all ports tested, all authentication options, and with both encrypted or non-encrypted passwords, in every combination of these settings.
<name>.be, all ports tested, all authentication options, and with both encrypted or non-encrypted passwords, in every combination of these settings.

Probably I've missed one or the other, but before I go through the whole process again I might as well ask for a general direction. ;-)

Thanks

Hi ToonvW

Standard right out of the box, I think you should have mail.domain.be as your smtp !

You can test open dos and connect to the server using telnet !
Ex.
telnet mail.domain.be portnr

I hope the this helps you

//
Jonas Nordin

now a days outgoing port 25 is blocked by isp. Can you paste the output for following command

telnet mail.domain 25

Back