• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mail doesn't work - Help needed

ybico

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58
I just found the Plesk forum while searching help regarding the problem of receiving and sending email using Plesk.

Anyways, I started using Plesk, for the first time, two days ago in my VPS. I've set my website, the hosting, and then, I created my email account. However, when I tested it using the webmail Roundcube and the desktop app Thunderbird, nothing happened. Mails are not sent or received by others and also my account does not receive any mail either.

What do I need to do in order to have my mail system working as it should be?

My server-wide mail settings shows the following message:
You cannot send emails from Plesk because outbound connections on TCP port 25 are blocked. Check the firewall settings or contact your hosting provider. If you are sure that the ports are already open, Plesk can recheck them.
So, I did recheck several times and again, nothing happened.

So, does somebody have some advice to fix this problem ?
If so, I'd beg for your help.

If you prefer, you could write to me at my [email address redactecd]
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot send emails from Plesk because outbound connections on TCP port 25 are blocked. Check the firewall settings or contact your hosting provider. If you are sure that the ports are already open, Plesk can recheck them.
Did you follow-up on the advice shown in message and also contacted your hosting provider?

Yes, I just got things working.
I called the tech support of my hosting provider (IONOS) and got the advice to open some ports including 25 using the server cloud interface.
Network -> Firewall Policies -> Add Predefined Values -> Email Server
then I added in the list the necessary ports in order to have the mail system working.
So, the final list of opened ports is:
TCP: 80, 443, 8443, 8447, 22, 25, 110, 143, 465, 587, 993, 995
and that did the magic !
Thanks for your prompt reply @Kaspar and you may mark the issue as solved.
ybico

Attachments

• network.png
    network.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 16
  • fp.png
    fp.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 14
  • apv.png
    apv.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 16
  • add-ports-for-mailing.png
    add-ports-for-mailing.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
Yes, I just got things working.
I called the tech support of my hosting provider (IONOS) and got the advice to open some ports including 25 using the server cloud interface.
Network -> Firewall Policies -> Add Predefined Values -> Email Server
then I added in the list the necessary ports in order to have the mail system working.
So, the final list of opened ports is:
TCP: 80, 443, 8443, 8447, 22, 25, 110, 143, 465, 587, 993, 995
and that did the magic !
Thanks for your prompt reply @Kaspar and you may mark the issue as solved.
ybico
Hello, I have the same problem. I tried adding the same ports but it didn't work, did you have a different way or did customer service change port 25?

@argethink If you are not able of doing it by yourself, ask customer service to do it for you, they will.
I have the necessary knowledge and skills. I have already updated the ports according to the ionos documentation. If you read the documentation you can see notes about ports. Even if you open the port 25 it won't work. You need to call customer service.

There is missing information in your solution. Customer service can only open port 25.

@argethink if you read my post carefully, it starts off by saying, “I called tech support….
They walked me through step by step, then they checked things on their side, gave me the OK and things started working.
Sometimes or many times, not all of us have the necessary knowledge and skills to solve everything at a certain moment, and that is not a crime because simply no one has the obligation to know everything about. I am a programmer who recently started managing virtual servers with Plesk and what I can say is that learning is a lifelong process. I called IONOS' tech support to ask because I didn't have the knowledge and skill to open port 25 on my own. I learned something new and finally passed on my new knowledge to whoever needs it, as simple as that.

Back