• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved TLS library problem: error 42

mkul7ra

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

as of today all incoming and outgoing mails are collected in the queue. I have via cat/var/log/maillog | grep warning the following entry in the mail log:
Code:
localhost postfix / smtpd [10477]: warning: TLS library problem: error: 14094412: SSL routines: ssl3_read_bytes: sslv3 alert bad certificate: s3_pkt.c: 1493: SSL alert number 42:
Another mail has just landed in the queue, in the mail log it says:
Code:
Oct 14 18:54:00 localhost postfix / smtp [14988]: DCE38B81A0E: to = <[email protected]>, relay = none, delay = 0.68, delays = 0.67 / 0.01 / 0/0, dsn = 4.4.1 , status = deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1]: 10024: Connection refused)

I see this is a TLS problem but don't fully understand it. How do I get the queue to send the mails? Why have my mails the status deferred?

My operating system: CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 (Core)
Plesk: Plesk Obsidian version 18.0.30

Are further details / logs required?

Best regards

Last edited:
This is probably caused by a mismatch between the name that the host is connecting to other hosts (check the host name AND the PTR record of the host at your provider) and the domain name the mail certificate was configured for.

The problem was solved almost by itself with a Plesk component update. I don't quite understand it, but I'm glad that everything is running again and that the queue is and remains empty.

Back