• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue tmp filling up with Plesk update files

rbstern

Basic Pleskian
I have an Onyx server, has been running for about a month now, on CentOS 7.3. I've twice run into trouble with the /dev/mapper/vg-tmp volume having it's space exhausted (1GB). When I look at the tmp directory content, I see lots of nightly copies of Plesk updates. For example, I can find numerous copies of letsencrypt-1.9-3.zip and heavy-metal-skin-3.3-23.zip, in randomly named directories. It looks like they never get cleaned up, so tmp becoming full is inevitable. Never experienced this with earlier versions of Plesk.

Nothing unusual about this setup. Default CentOS 7.3 provisioning, standard Plesk install (Web Admin Edition).

I could create a cron task to clean up older files, but I'd like to get to the root of the problem.

Following up to see if anyone else has experienced this or has a recommendation, beyond cron job cleanup (which I have implemented).

i am also facing the same issue maybe, i my case it has taken about 1.7 tb and now i want am in need of a fix or temp solution for this ? can you share your temp fix ?

Jack, to clean up the files I'm running this once a day, to remove files more than three days old:

find /tmp* -mtime +3 -exec rm {} \; > /dev/null 2>&1

And to clean up empty directories, I run this a couple of minutes later:

find /tmp* -exec rmdir {} \; > /dev/null 2>&1

Both commands can be combined into a single shell file, but it's just as easy to schedule two tasks while in the Plesk interface.

Back