• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tomcat issues

C

coglethorpe

I have the Tomcat service running on my server.

When I try to enable Tomcat for a domain, I get this message:

"Unable to turn Tomcat Service on: Unable to install Tomcat vhost: tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat2/conf/server.xml not contain service PSA tag"

Any ideas?

I thought plesk 7.5.x comes with Tomcat 4 :eek:

This is what you will need:

In order for your server to support JSP and Java Servlet you need to install the following RPMs
from the 'opt/java' and 'Third_Party' directories in your Plesk archive

mod_webapp-4.1.29-41psa.fc2.i586.rpm
psa-tomcat-configurator-7.5.3-fc2.build75050506.13.noarch.rpm
j2sdk-1_4_2-linux-i586.rpm
regexp-1.3-1jpp.noarch.rpm
tomcat4-4.1.24-full.2jpp.noarch.rpm
tomcat4-admin-webapps-4.1.24-full.2jpp.noarch.rpm
tomcat4-webapps-4.1.24-full.2jpp.noarch.rpm
xerces-j-1.2.1-2.noarch.rpm

Then it will work... ;)

Regards,
Bart

Did you recently overwite your /etc/tomcat4/servers.xml file? If so I hope you have a backup to restore?

Originally posted by bartje3
I thought plesk 7.5.x comes with Tomcat 4 :eek:

This is what you will need:

In order for your server to support JSP and Java Servlet you need to install the following RPMs

[Much deleted]

Then it will work... ;)

Regards,
Bart

If I'm going to do all that, I may as well remove everything, downgrade my plesk key and install Tomcat and Java myself.

There was an installation done, but it is messed up and I can't get my hosting provider to fix it properly.

Originally posted by Traged1
Did you recently overwite your /etc/tomcat4/servers.xml file? If so I hope you have a backup to restore?

It has a servers.xml file that I have never touched.

I tried swapping it out with a file called server.xml.rpmsave, but then I got this error:

LifecycleException: Memory database file /var/tomcat4/psa-users/mydomainname.com.xml cannot be read

Oh, that and when Tomcat stops it says:

SEVERE: Caught exception trying to unlock accept.

That's separate from the PSA issue, but it is another example of how messed up the install is.

I installed Java and Tomcat on my PC and had it all running quickly. I'm at a week with this setup, and still no luck.

Back