• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Traffic Reporting - SMTP

E

edispah

Hi

Has anyone got an understanding of how plesk measures SMTP in and out traffic?

My customers actually SMTP out via a different system, however I want the Plesk control panel to show the customer his complete traffic usage so ive written a script that calculates the SMTP out on the other system and inserts this figure into the MySql table "DomainsTraffic" on the Plesk box.

This ensures the Control Panel graphs/figures etc.. show the correct figures for SMTP Out.

However I was trying to understand what is included already in the Plesk SMTP stats. I created 2 test domains e.g. testa.com and testb.com, I sent an email with a 10Mb attachment from testa.com to testb.com.

The next day (after /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1 had run) I looked at the SMTP in and out for both domains.

Neither showed anything in or out? I was expecting to see 10Mb out for testa.com and 10Mb in for testb.com?

Anyone shed any light?

Kind Regards

Paul

Back