• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Trouble Sending Authenticated Email from Websites Using php 7.1.5

johnny a

New Pleskian
I was trying to configure a smtp wordpress plugin for a website on my server (Windows 2012 R2 - Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 update #36). I was using the wordpress plugin to pass credentials of a gmail account to use as an account to send mail from a form on the website. My web server doesn't have a mail server installed, I prefer my clients to use an authenticated external mail server to send from.

The site with the issue is using php 7.1.12. Every time I tried to send a test email from the plugin, I receive an error message related to phpmailer. When I switch the php version on the site to default 5.4.45 the plugin works perfectly and the test email is sent. I've attached the error thrown by the plugin when I'm using php 7.1. I've also received the same error using every other version of php installed with the exception of 5.4.45

I've verified that I'm able to telnet to the gmail smtp server successfully from the server. Also, the username and password are both correct.

I've verified through Tools & Settings -> PHP settings that both versions of php have the same extensions turned on. Both are default installations of PHP done through the add components section of plesk. I haven't done any customization or added php plugins/extensions for either version.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there some php setting or extension with 5.4.45 that is different from every other version shipped with plesk?

Attachments

• mailer-error.jpg
    mailer-error.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 3
Back