• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Troubles with Tomcat

• Thread starter ducatimonster90
  • Start date
D

ducatimonster90

I have purchased a VPS with the Plesk Power Pack from StartLogic about three months ago.
Last week I started using Tomcat and noticed immediately that the service did not start.
From the log I have noticed there is aproblem with a jar file, the error exactly says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal: repository='file:/var/lib/tomcat5/common/lib/[jta].jar'
at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:957)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.java:153)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:207)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createClassLoader(Bootstrap.java:163)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoaders(Bootstrap.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:196)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:402)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:65)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:944)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I solved temporally the problem recreating the symbolic link:

/var/lib/tomcat5/common/lib/[jta].jar

to the following file:

/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jta.jar

and so the service is correctly started from an ssh shell, but as I start or stop it from the Plesk interface, the symbolic link I fixed, is newly pointing to the wrong file or folder!

It seems that Plesk runs a script recreating all links in the:

/var/lib/tomcat5/common/lib/

folder, changing all my fixes!

I have asked the StartLogic support team for help, but they say they givo no support for specific problems on VPS because they are ment to be self managed! But why should I have no support if the service has never started correctly since i bought the Plesk Power Pack?

Could somebody give me a hint?

Thanks in advance!

Try installing a link in /usr/share/java to the jta.jar file. I experienced a similar problem with jdbc-stdext and fixed it by putting a link in /usr/share/java that points to the proper file in /usr/lib/jvm-exports/...

Thanks

while I was waiting for a reply from StartLogic, I installed a new version of Tomcat on my Virtual Private Server. And now it works but only if run manually!

I will try the solution you posted ;O) and find a way to reconfigure Plesk...

Bye

Back