• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved TTFB high radomly

Edit:

By watching at this
View attachment 16546

I think it is your VPS/Connection.
It took (randomly) about 900ms to download a 80kb file and I do have 100MB/s Connection.

Like I said here, the internet connection is most probably the problem here. Maybe your Hoster "over-sold" his network.
Is this affecting all Websites installed on this Server?

If you do have another Server, can you try top move the Website and Domain to the other Server and try if the same issue appears on another Server?

You also use PHP 7.0, pls change to the newest supported version. But as you are on Wordpress 5.3.2 PHP 7.4 is recommended for best performance

Thx for your time. I think is the just the vps.
Its totally random the TTFB, now i have 50-100, sometimes 500, and something suddenly 6.5s.

I installed 7.0, because i was desperate. But yes i will go to 7.4

And yes all the websites have the same symptoms

I have 100mb/s connection and yes, sometimes i watched "Content download" 1 second.

When i am in ssh and i write "yum update" these days are like, slow, you know? I remember other days when i write "yum update" its like a flash, the console write so fast.
Thx

Just try to get a new Server. But maybe even try to change the Hoster as this Hoster maybe is over-selling its network and due to the Corona and everyone is at home and using the net it could be even more overloaded

You are welcome

OK. Now its fine.

The issue: the vps. I think for the coronavirus, these days are a bit sick.

Now my wordpress websites are in

50ms TTFB
DOMContentLoaded: 100-200 ms
Load: 200-500ms

Faster than cpanel, i think is for nginx as reverse proxy.

And my config is just plesk default. 0 optimization.

Thx!

DOOMCOntentLoaded & LoadEvent does not have anything to do with the Server itself as it is mostly being infuenced by your template. How many ressources you have to load to display the site and how technically optimized your Website (not the WebServer!) is.

But nice to see your TTFB being at 50ms which is good.

As it was the Server itself you can close this Thread and mark it as resolved

50ms TTFB

Yes i know, but for me 500ms for a wordpres site... Its ok!

For my personal WordPress site based on Plesk 18.0.25 TTFB is 90ms according to gtmetrix.

He was talking about the "LoadEvent" when he mentioned the 500ms. His TTFB is now at 50ms.
This is OffTopic and somehow confusing as he earlier mentioned that also the TTFB is 500ms.

With new centos 7, new plesk. I add a domain and his TTFB:
with standard plesk page: 50ms always.
with wordpress fresh instalation: 150 ms
with wordpress restored backup: 500 ms

But I think the problem here is solved as the problem was his VPS

###

90ms according to gtmetrix
Is this TTFB including:

- DNS Lookup
- Connecting
- SSL

Explained with Picture:
GTmetrix TTFB.png

Just to make sure all things are getting compared at one level and with the same things.

Last edited:
Back