• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Two ssl certificates with the same domain (Plesk and single subscription)... conflicts/problems?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
is possibile to have two ssl certificates with the same domain, one for Plesk (securing Plesk/mail and set to default) and one in the "subscription" for that single domain?

I would have this situation to set:
  1. in the "tool & settings -> SSL certificates" of Plesk, I've a SSL with SANs, and two of them are "www. mydomain.com" and "mail. mydomain.com".
  2. in the "subscriptions" of "mydomain.com" I've a SSL Wildcard "*.mydomain.com"

These settings generate conflicts/problems between the two certificates?
If not, when a user access to the web site "www. mydomain.com" Plesk understand which certificate to use (wildcard in the subscription)? Instead for "mail. mydomain.com" Plesk understand that is necessary to use the SSL with SANs (set in the "Certificate for securing mail")?

Thanks.

Hello,

if you have a wildcard certificate for your domain, why would you use another certificate to secure Plesk interface and mail server ?
You can use the wildcard certificate to secure your website and Plesk/mail server.

When you add a SSL certificate into a subscription, you can also use it to secure Plesk by selecting it in Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates

As I said in the initial post, the SSL certificate for Plesk contain SANs (with others domains, not only mydomain.com) so it's impossible (for the moment) to change with a wildcard (validate only for a single domain).

As I said in the initial post, the SSL certificate for Plesk contain SANs (with others domains, not only mydomain.com) so it's impossible (for the moment) to change with a wildcard (validate only for a single domain).

Ok, I was not sure to understand the reason of using SAN.
So, to answer to your question, you can use your SAN SSL certificate to secure Plesk interface and your mail server, and use your wildcard cert in your wildcard cert in your subscription to secure your website. Just make sure to set the certificate you want to use in Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates for Plesk/mail, and in your domain > Hosting Settings.

Back