• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Ubuntu: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47 after Update 5: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database

ArmReu

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47 Web Pro Edition Update 5
Hi everyone!

I am running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.47 Web Pro Edition on Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS for about a year now without any problems/issues at all.

Since the (automatic) Plesk Update 5 about a week ago I keep getting messages in the system updates panel within Plesk:

Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually.

After a little bit of research in here I ran this command to find out more: dpkg --audit

The output says:

Die folgenden Pakete sind nur halb konfiguriert, wahrscheinlich durch
Probleme während der ersten Konfiguration. Die Konfiguration sollte mit
dpkg --configure <Paket> oder mit dem Konfigurations-Menüeintrag in
dselect erneut versucht werden:

grub-efi-amd64-signed GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (EFI-AMD64 version,

Translated via deepl:
The following packages are only half configured, probably due to
problems during the initial configuration. The configuration should be done with
dpkg --configure <package> or with the configuration menu entry in
dselect should be tried again:

grub-efi-amd64-signed GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (EFI-AMD64 version,

All system updates are set to automatic with safe updates enabled and no customs changes to update sources or such. I know sometimes updates deliver outdated repos and such and it's usually fixed by the next update. But as it is bootloader related this somehow scares me a little.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it already know by the plesk support? Any fix available?

Kindest regards from Germany!

Armin

I forget to add the info coming after the update process:

Grund: 2022-10-31 09:45:34 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--update', '--json']
2022-10-31 09:45:35 INFO: no packages to update
2022-10-31 09:45:37 ERROR: installArchives() failed
2022-10-31 09:45:37 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

Plesk does not interfere with such very basic operating system settings. However, when a "general" update of packages is done, the package manager checks for issues with other packages as well. That behavior is built into package management. Grub is so specific to the individual system that I doubt it will be possible to give you the correct advice what steps you will need to take to resolve this.

Back